Epson printers are smart printers that designed to support your printing needs and to support you in times of errors too! You may be thinking, how can your printer support you in times errors? Well, first of all, understand that getting mistakes should not be interpreted as break down of the printer. Your printer- in the form of error codes tries to guide you to the leading cause of the error.
To understand these coding errors, we are here to help you out. One such error is ‘Epson Printer Error Code 0X9a.’ We will discuss it in detail in this article. SO let’s get started.
Troubleshooting Epson Printer Error 0X9a
Steps to Fix Error Code 0X9a on Epson Printer
Let us understand the reasons that cause this error first before we jump into the troubleshooting methods. Why? Because by understanding the grounds, you will be able to uproot the problem at a more profound level. Additionally, you will gain useful insight into taking care of your printer for future use. So let us first look at the reasons
- This issue is related to faulty printer carriage.
- Sometimes paper jam can lead to this error.
- Even the damaged or bent rails in the printer can be the reason.
- Dislocation of the encoder strip is another reason behind this error.
- Lastly, there can be a hardware issue with your printer.
Let us fix the issue ‘Epson Printer Error Code 0X9a’:
In this section, you will find some troubleshooting ways to tackle this error along with some general tips on taking care of your printer. Please make sure you follow the instruction in the order as they mentioned. Here we go!
Quick fix 1:
The first solution to resolve this error is to check your printer for any jammed paper. To do so, follow these steps:
- Make sure your printer switched off.
- Disconnect all the USB cables and the cords from it.
- Long press the power button of the printer so that the remaining power in the printer gets discharged.
- Press the front cover of the printer to open it.
- Look for any jammed paper in the machine. Clear off any paper bits, foreign material, dirt etc.
- Close the front cover of the machine.
- Go to paper output tray of the printer and check if there is any jammed paper there.
- If you find a stuck sheet, don’t rush in removing it as you may end up tearing it.
- Carefully hold the two corners of the sheet and gently pull it out.
Quick fix 2:
Note: Before you initiate this process, ensure that your printer switched off and there is no current supply to it any form.
- Press and open the front side of the printer.
- Open the lid of the carriage.
- It should automatically move to the centre on opening.
- Inspect for any obstructions, if it doesn’t gently move it from one side to another side.
If you find any obstructions, please fix them by blowing some compressed air into the machine to ensure a free movement of the printer carriage.